Sunday, September 5, 2010

Santa Barbara Dreaming part two



My list of "what to do in Santa Barbara" was too much to include in one post, so this is a continuation of what I love to do when in town.

I just scratched the surface of the "Upstairs" home collection at "Pierre Lafond Wendy Foster" on last week's post. Here are more images of their beautiful assortment of neutrals.




Every Friday morning ,the Montecito farmer's market on Coast Village Road in the lower village, is one of my favorites. From farm fresh eggs, to heirloom tomatoes,to blue hydrangeas, and French tulips, I am always delighted by the local bounty. It's setting, nestled between the ocean and the foothills, the air fragrant from towering eucalyptus trees, is breathtaking.





I always make it by Jeannine's for breakfast. It is right next to the farmer's market and it is nice to plan on doing both. The strawberry scones are a must and the patio is fun for people watching. There's always a possibility for a celebrity sighting.
http://jeannines.com/




While in the lower village, stop by "Maison K". Kimberly Phillips does a beautiful job of blending European antiques with inlaied ethnic pieces for that lovely layered, world traveler look that I love. Look for French ceramics, Italian chandeliers, and mother of pearl mirrors from Syria
http://maisonkinc.com/









When I think of plants that remind me of Santa Barbara, succulents usually come to mind. I'm always inspired by the amazing potted succulents at "Botanik" in Summerland ( the charming beach town adjacent to Santa Barbara). They're known for their sophisticated organic style. Their collection includes rare items from Europe and South East Asia for both interior spaces and private gardens. The shop inside is filled with wonderful glassware, rare orchids and unusual tabletop items.
http://www.botanikinc.com/





Anyone who knows me knows I love Indian textiles. There is a wonderful, open air shop on State street called "India House", that is piled high with the rich art of old India. Their treasures include Indian kurtas, textiles, and accessories. I always make a stop there to see what's new.
http://www.indiahouseusa.com/




I love staying in my best friend, Piper's darling cottage guest house in Summerland. Her home dates from the 1800's and was one the original beach houses in the community. I made this week's arrangement with flowers collected from her garden. Even the container I used was her son, St. John's, beach pail.



2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    I love this 2nd Edition. It makes me want to be a tourist in my own city. The photos,go so well with the writing. You need to work freelance for a magazine. Especially liked the flowers,in the sand pail!
    PSG

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me want to be a tourist period! I love love love that first photo... so gorgeous! Great blog you have here! I am your newest follower!

    Cheers Tracy
    www.goodgirlgoneaverage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete